-Salt & pepper to taste
-2 cups panko bread crumbs
-2 -4 eggs beaten with 2 tablespoons of salt & pepper
-1 large onion, sautéed
-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
-Fresh basil leaves
-1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
-Fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
-1 cup vegetable oil
-1 can crushed tomatoes
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Season chicken with salt & pepper to taste, coat in flour (shake excess off), coat in egg mixture, cover in bread crumbs.
- Sautee onions & garlic in a pan of oil. Add chicken, cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Heat up tomato sauce, add crushed tomatoes, sautéed garlic & onions, and basil.
- Put chicken in a pan, cover in tomato sauce, place a slice or 2 of mozzarella on each piece, top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted (about 5-7 minutes).